Search this site
The Affectionate Display
“Greg Swann has insights into emotion on levels that really make you think. He can pluck that one annoying gray hair with pinpoint accuracy. He is a philosopher of sorts and he says and does what philosophers do. He shakes you to the bone, bumps your cup and lets you see what spills out. You see what you see and he sees what he sees. I’ll bet they are dramatically similar and extraordinarily different.” –Jeff Price
My favorite job title is Poet. Why? No license, no union, no credentialism. If you can learn, you will. If you can't, you won't waste my time. I grow regardless.
I’m not like you. That’s why you should listen to me. I’m in an empathy of opposites with everyone: All they see are reasons to complain, when all I want to do is dance. I know why we are the way we are and how we can learn to do better with each other – making everything better.
I am fomenting a philosophical revolution that will change everything for everyone in due course. How? By finally fully redeeming Western Civilization.
You’re going to help.
Save the world from home – in your spare time!
Disintermediate the ruling class: Read the free book that tells you how to do it.
Disintermediation means cutting out the middle-man, and, by teaching you a new way of thinking about human nature and about your own unique self, the free book Man Alive! puts you in charge of your own philosophical affairs.
The book's objectives are precise and concise: To take the claim of justice away from the state, the mantle of intellectual authority away from the academy and the experience of reverence away from the church. It puts all of those things back where they belong — in your mind. There is no middle-man on truth.
- For sane Muslims:
- For the other kind:
- For the rest of us:
Support ThriversEd on Patreon!
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of self-adoration in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
More by Greg Swann
A 100% FREE collection of some of the best of the Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Willie stories. You will want to read all of my books, but here is a cost-free way to get started.
Buy my books at Amazon.com
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SplendorQuest.com – a weblog devoted to celebrating the uniquely human life.
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
Self Adoration done socially
Thrive by Email
- Want to put the eclipse in the shade? Shine with your own light instead.
- The way to beat Ci compliance displays is to rob them of their oxygen: Your compliance.
- How do you live happily among people at war with all joy? Cultivate indifference and press on regardless.
- No Nork nukes yet: Is James “Kill ’em all” Mattis an amiable spy in the house of malice?
- Do you believe in magic? Love is made from its own shared and mutual propitiation!
- Want to put the eclipse in the shade? Shine with your own light instead. on
- How do you live happily among people at war with all joy? Cultivate indifference and press on regardless. on
- Even if we manage to comb the Marxist lice out of our hair, a Ci culture still won’t have any kids. on
- Since we know Ayn Rand was lying about her marriage, what else was she lying about? on
- What’s the secret to raising generation after generation of great families? The right map. on
- Photo credit: Sunrise on Phu Chi Fa by Tom BKK.
Category Archives: The DISC of family
“Why, yes, I am working you. How’d you guess?”Photo by: Mysudbury.ca Ouisudbury.caMy taxonomy of kids is Infants, Babies, Toddlers, Children. Infants snooze, Babies observe, Toddlers participate and Children converse. Children are awake – persistently volitionally self-conscious of abstract conceptual self-consciousness … Continue reading
It’s funny that Ci’s insist that DISC cannot be true with pitch-perfect Ci fit-pitching – but that’s what Ci’s do when their compliance displays run up against defiance.Photo by: IsengardtThe Ayn Rand Institute has been paying special attention to me … Continue reading
A Ci life is Narcissus in the hall of mirrors: Your preening fakery alienates you not just from self love but from all love.Photo by: Axel RouvinWhen I was young and stupid, I used to think totalitarianism had an insuperable … Continue reading
A good marriage makes everyone better: Thriving seeds ever-more-abundant thriving. You breed by breeding, but you breed your ideas with your good example, too.Photo by: Hamza ButtPicking up from yesterday, let’s put a finer point on what we’ve learned so … Continue reading
Human civilization is nothing but the answer to this one monumentally important question: How does a nice guy go about getting a second date around here?Photo by: Kevin DooleyWell, I’ve had a fruitful fortnight: Robert Tracinski went all Irrational Hagiographic … Continue reading
You get into the same jams again and again – the snags that never seem to snag anyone else – because you respond in the same way to the same situations over and over again.Photo by: tacit requiem (joanneQEscober )Yesterday, Cathleen cautioned me … Continue reading
Do you see any room for a baby – an endlessly needy whining mammal that will never, ever pay back its monetary and opportunity costs – in there? That’s why you see so few babies among libertarians.Photo by: Lisa Rosario[From … Continue reading