In 2001, Michael Jennions, a biologist at the Australian National University, set out to analyze “temporal trends” across a wide range of subjects in ecology and evolutionary biology. He looked at hundreds of papers and forty-four meta-analyses (that is, statistical syntheses of related studies), and discovered a consistent decline effect over time, as many of the theories seemed to fade into irrelevance. In fact, even when numerous variables were controlled for—Jennions knew, for instance, that the same author might publish several critical papers, which could distort his analysis—there was still Continue reading
Save the world from home
— in your spare time!
Disintermediation means cutting out the middle-man, and, by teaching you a new way of thinking about human nature and about your own unique self, Man Alive! puts you in charge of your own philosophical affairs.
The book's objectives are precise and concise: To take the claim of justice away from the state, the mantle of intellectual authority away from the academy and the experience of reverence away from the church. It puts all of those things back where they belong — in your mind. There is no middle-man on truth.
More by Greg Swann
A 100% FREE collection of some of the best of the Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Willie stories. You will want to read all of my books, but here is a cost-free way to get started.
Buy my books at Amazon.com
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SplendorQuest.com – a weblog devoted to celebrating the uniquely human life.
- Nothing says ‘I love you’ like Loki’s leer…
- Masculine leadership in marriage implies philosophical erotica. Get some FREE – for now…
- The perfect morning blowjob in seven easy steps.
- When nothing happens and everything changes, that’s my kind of love story…
- The SplendorQuest continues with Loki the Trickster as a Treetop Flyer…
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
Self Adoration done socially
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of self-adoration in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
Get the picture?Inspire and defend your mind with free graphics from the Image library.
Search this site
- Don’t hide the decline! If the social sciences are bunk, can the hard sciences be trusted?
- A change is gonna come: When you act upon your life as it actually is, everything gets better.
- When life feels like a dance to you – that’s when you’re living Shyly’s delight.
- How you came to be enslaved – and how you can free yourself.
- A calculus of morality on a first-grade number line: No one is good – or evil – by accident.
- Don’t hide the decline! If the social sciences are bunk, can the hard sciences be trusted? on
- A change is gonna come: When you act upon your life as it actually is, everything gets better. on
- How you came to be enslaved – and how you can free yourself. on
- A calculus of morality on a first-grade number line: No one is good – or evil – by accident. on
- Abortion and self-adoration: Do what you want, but don’t claim you can escape the consequences. You can’t. on
Man Alive! on iTunes
- September 2014
- August 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- Photo credit: Sunrise on Phu Chi Fa by Tom BKK.