Search this site
The Affectionate Display
“Greg Swann has insights into emotion on levels that really make you think. He can pluck that one annoying gray hair with pinpoint accuracy. He is a philosopher of sorts and he says and does what philosophers do. He shakes you to the bone, bumps your cup and lets you see what spills out. You see what you see and he sees what he sees. I’ll bet they are dramatically similar and extraordinarily different.” –Jeff Price
My favorite job title is Poet. Why? No license, no union, no credentialism. If you can learn, you will. If you can't, you won't waste my time. I grow regardless.
I’m not like you. That’s why you should listen to me. I’m in an empathy of opposites with everyone: All they see are reasons to complain, when all I want to do is dance. I know why we are the way we are and how we can learn to do better with each other – making everything better.
I am fomenting a philosophical revolution that will change everything for everyone in due course. How? By finally fully redeeming Western Civilization.
You’re going to help.
Save the world from home – in your spare time!
Disintermediate the ruling class: Read the free book that tells you how to do it.
Disintermediation means cutting out the middle-man, and, by teaching you a new way of thinking about human nature and about your own unique self, the free book Man Alive! puts you in charge of your own philosophical affairs.
The book's objectives are precise and concise: To take the claim of justice away from the state, the mantle of intellectual authority away from the academy and the experience of reverence away from the church. It puts all of those things back where they belong — in your mind. There is no middle-man on truth.
- For sane Muslims:
- For the other kind:
- For the rest of us:
Support ThriversEd on Patreon!
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of self-adoration in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
More by Greg Swann
A 100% FREE collection of some of the best of the Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Willie stories. You will want to read all of my books, but here is a cost-free way to get started.
Buy my books at Amazon.com
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SplendorQuest.com – a weblog devoted to celebrating the uniquely human life.
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
Self Adoration done socially
Thrive by Email
- Want to put the eclipse in the shade? Shine with your own light instead.
- The way to beat Ci compliance displays is to rob them of their oxygen: Your compliance.
- How do you live happily among people at war with all joy? Cultivate indifference and press on regardless.
- No Nork nukes yet: Is James “Kill ’em all” Mattis an amiable spy in the house of malice?
- Do you believe in magic? Love is made from its own shared and mutual propitiation!
- Want to put the eclipse in the shade? Shine with your own light instead. on
- How do you live happily among people at war with all joy? Cultivate indifference and press on regardless. on
- Even if we manage to comb the Marxist lice out of our hair, a Ci culture still won’t have any kids. on
- Since we know Ayn Rand was lying about her marriage, what else was she lying about? on
- What’s the secret to raising generation after generation of great families? The right map. on
- Photo credit: Sunrise on Phu Chi Fa by Tom BKK.
Category Archives: Poetry and fiction
The skate-park is Planet Dutch Uncle: Everyone is working out his own father-hunger, and there is no ‘authoritah’ except ongoing, thoroughgoing excellence.Photo by: Rodrigo AmorimHere’s a story for you, a father/daughter teen rom-com: A skate-parking Accidental Dad pushing 30 – … Continue reading
A woman’s place is in the home –as CEO of a staff of dozens.What would be Act IV of Kate and Leopold? Act I of A Doll’s House. And when Nora Helmer finally gets everything she’s been shaling for – … Continue reading
The Unfallen, a novel of love and indomitability, available at Amazon.com.I may make church later this morning, just so I can laugh at myself. I’m getting ready to deal with the idea of reliability – which is what Driven/Sociable civilization … Continue reading
A Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Willie story October 22, 1996 Cinderella was in a snit, and who could blame her? She was an orphan swarmed by a family of strangers, accidental intimates, pushy and intrusive and unwelcome. And the most distant stranger … Continue reading
“Hey, hey, hey! Who’s your daddy?”Photo by: Mike MozartHollywood hates fathers. Who knew? Just kidding. It’s an evergreen story, one that comes up every 18 months or so: ‘TV dads are dopes, dupes and dumb-asses.’ This trenchant essay is based … Continue reading
There is worthiness, which is difficult; it can never be supplied by another, and it can never be faked. And there is worship, which is demanding; you can fake the virtues the worshipper worships, but you dare not falter. And … Continue reading
“Hey, dipshit, if you want to lose your house and lose your family, to see your kids a third of the time if you’re lucky, to watch them spin out of control as they learn to pit the two of … Continue reading