Search this site
The Affectionate Display
“Greg Swann has insights into emotion on levels that really make you think. He can pluck that one annoying gray hair with pinpoint accuracy. He is a philosopher of sorts and he says and does what philosophers do. He shakes you to the bone, bumps your cup and lets you see what spills out. You see what you see and he sees what he sees. I’ll bet they are dramatically similar and extraordinarily different.” –Jeff Price
My favorite job title is Poet. Why? No license, no union, no credentialism. If you can learn, you will. If you can't, you won't waste my time. I grow regardless.
I’m not like you. That’s why you should listen to me. I’m in an empathy of opposites with everyone: All they see are reasons to complain, when all I want to do is dance. I know why we are the way we are and how we can learn to do better with each other – making everything better.
I am fomenting a philosophical revolution that will change everything for everyone in due course. How? By finally fully redeeming Western Civilization.
You’re going to help.
Save the world from home – in your spare time!
Disintermediate the ruling class: Read the free book that tells you how to do it.
Disintermediation means cutting out the middle-man, and, by teaching you a new way of thinking about human nature and about your own unique self, the free book Man Alive! puts you in charge of your own philosophical affairs.
The book's objectives are precise and concise: To take the claim of justice away from the state, the mantle of intellectual authority away from the academy and the experience of reverence away from the church. It puts all of those things back where they belong — in your mind. There is no middle-man on truth.
- For sane Muslims:
- For the other kind:
- For the rest of us:
Support ThriversEd on Patreon!
I speak your language
I am delighted to speak anywhere, anywhen, and I am interested in any opportunity you can come up with for me to evangelize egoism. I am rich in ideas that, so far, few of us seem to prize. If you value the idea of self-adoration in the way I do, let's talk about how we can increase our numbers.
More by Greg Swann
A 100% FREE collection of some of the best of the Ramblin’ Gamblin’ Willie stories. You will want to read all of my books, but here is a cost-free way to get started.
Buy my books at Amazon.com
My other writing isn't collected in one place, but here's a shopping list for finding the best of it:
- Greg Swann writes – fiction and early essays.
- PresenceOfMind.net – a weblog I maintained in the early years of the new millenium.
- BloodhoundBlog – a national real estate weblog I started and contribute to. Much of the content there will be real estate related, but everything I write is focused on the self, and this is best represented in the longer essays.
- SplendorQuest.com – a weblog devoted to celebrating the uniquely human life.
Email Greg SwannGSwann@PresenceOfMind.net
Fair warning: Your name and email address will be kept confidential, but unless you say otherwise, your text is blogfodder by default.
Self Adoration done socially
Thrive by Email
- Want to put the eclipse in the shade? Shine with your own light instead.
- The way to beat Ci compliance displays is to rob them of their oxygen: Your compliance.
- How do you live happily among people at war with all joy? Cultivate indifference and press on regardless.
- No Nork nukes yet: Is James “Kill ’em all” Mattis an amiable spy in the house of malice?
- Do you believe in magic? Love is made from its own shared and mutual propitiation!
- Want to put the eclipse in the shade? Shine with your own light instead. on
- How do you live happily among people at war with all joy? Cultivate indifference and press on regardless. on
- Even if we manage to comb the Marxist lice out of our hair, a Ci culture still won’t have any kids. on
- Since we know Ayn Rand was lying about her marriage, what else was she lying about? on
- What’s the secret to raising generation after generation of great families? The right map. on
- Photo credit: Sunrise on Phu Chi Fa by Tom BKK.
Search Results for: DISC
DISC as I use that term is a way of understanding most human choices as the habituated outcome of empathy strategies adopted in childhood. Toddlers deploy admixtures of strategies based on reptilian or mammalian empathy, and tend thereafter to be … Continue reading
“You want to be seen? Dude! You can’t hide!” When someone is being his authentic, unaffected self, he will show you his DISC type by showing you his empathy strategy by showing you his social praxis by showing you his … Continue reading
If the very best fathers are Dsci, what would be the ideal DISC strategy for a Dutch Uncle to deploy?
There is no Ideal Man, but there is an ideal Dutch Uncle DISC profile: Dsci.Photo by: Kaaren PerryHard to come up with a question more obtuse than that. But answering it repays effort, I think. If you are an actual Dutch Uncle in … Continue reading
PEAK is built for peak performance, so why don’t you PEAK yourself? How? By PEAKing your DISC profile.
You say, “Self-improvement?”I say, “Go PEAK yourself!”Sindre Paulsen said something that made me realize my biggest failure to be clear about ThriversEd: PEAK is DISC, weighted. We’re going to teach DISC to kids, practically from birth. They will grow into … Continue reading
Someone said, “If you can’t fit your idea on the back of a business card, you don’t have a clear idea.” I think doing the whole job in verse makes the point even better.Now there’s doggerel worthy of Kipling. That’s … Continue reading
If the new guy is a clown – so is the guy who hired him. Doing better – much better – is not just doable but simple.Photo by: Shreveport-Bossier Convention and Tourist BureauHere’s a sphincter-clencher for anyone who manages people: … Continue reading
The persuasive miracle you seek is not just possible – it’s simple! You’re just talking to the wrong people.Photo by: gemteck1I know how to build Hoplite Greeks – Testudo fathers and mothers – self-responsible parents raising self-responsible parents, generation after … Continue reading